Monday, October 14, 2013

Arriving in Mumbai- Facebook updates.


APRIL 4th 2013, 3 a.m.

Arrived in Mumbai India this morning at 1 a.m. Just spoke to the Dr. Today is going to be nothing but
 testing since I had some of my intestine removed a 
long time ago they are having to do exploratory testing to decide which surgery I will be having.
 If to much was removed I will be having the sleeve 
done. If I have enough I will be having the RNY. Surgery was pushed from the 4th to the 8th.


4 A.M.

Oh my gosh. 3 in the morning and it was wild. Cars, bikes, mo-peds, and people walking every where. Streets without marked lanes and our driver was driving 120 mph. no lie we saw the gauge  it took 30 minutes to get from the airport to the hospital driving like that. The hospital is gated with armed guards all around it. Not allowed to take any pictures at the hospital but will take one when we get to go.

women don't wear gowns in the hospital it was a top and bottom set, sadly their biggest size wasn't big enough for me to fit so I had to wear a pair of my sweat pants

























6 p.m.

Just got back to my room. had 2 ct scans, and MRI, EKG, chest x-ray, lung exam and an echocariogram. been fasting all day and they have finally sent off for some soup for me. I am officially on a liquid only diet till after surgery. Can't wait to slurp down some soup then I'm going to try to crash. exhausted and missing home, family, fur-babies, and MY BED
My IV that had to stay in everyday of my stay except when I went sight seeing


April 5th 2013 6 a.m.

I finally got a little sleep for the first time since we arrived..YAY!! My stress and nerves have been so out of wack missing my family. Just when I thought all my test were done, they walk in to take blood out of my artery. OUCH!!! They took it out of my wrist and OH MY GAHHHHHHHHH!!!! but things are good and I believe we get to go site seeing today..YAY!! I miss you Vincent, Santana, Nick, James you guys are always on my mind. LOVE YOU!!!
The lovely bruise that started to form after having blood taken from my artery 

9 a.m.


Well crud I guess the tests aren't over. Fasting today for an endoscope later :? this stinks I really wanted to go sight seeing today. I guess they have to check everything. I have to say they are very through here.



8 p.m.


It's 8:25 in the PM here and we are just eating dinner. got all my test results back and this pudgy girl is fit as a fibble doctor say he has no reason to think that the surgery won't be a success. So excited to finally be able to go out and explore tomorrow!!!!! 3 more days till the big day!!!!! YAY!! but found out I''m going to be on a ventilator after surgery :? uhhh scary but i'll be fine.












April 6th 8 p.m.


Had an absolute awesome day out in India. Went to the Dr. Bhau Daji Land Mumbai City Museum, The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Which was formerly known as the Prince of Wales Museum of Western History, an art museum  the zoo (YAY!!), Bollywood, The queens necklace, the hanging gardens, we saw the richest man in India's house, and we went to their mall for some shopping. and other stuff in the ragging heat!!!! Finally back going to take a shower slurp some soup and crash... I have some awesome pictures. Can't wait till I can post them


























April 7th 2013 4:34 p.m.

They are prepping my for surgery. It's 4:34pm now and my surgery is first thing in the morning. Was doing good till they made me sign a consent in case I needed a blood transfusion and then told me I will be in ICU for a day. Can't even explain how I'm feeling right now. Praying everything goes without a hitch. LOVE YOU ALWAYS Vincent, Santana, Nick, James, Brandie Luu, B.G. Uncle Randy, Sailor, Kaylie, Lil Gerry, Taleia, lil Ben, Jody, Ellie, lil Jody you guys mean the world to me. I love all my family.


April 8th 5:49 a.m.

It's 5:49am Mumbai time. They just came in and woke me up. One hour give or take and it will be show time!!!!!!!!!! 0_0 I wish I could just hit a fast forward button and stop on tomorrow. LOVE YOU ALL!!! Jennifer will be coming on and posting updates for those following along

7 a.m. {Jennifer's updates}

they just took Summer down for surgery. they will be keeping me updated and i will go down to see her as soon as they allow me to. i will be keeping everyone informed.



10 a.m. {Jennifer's updates}

still no word that procedure is finished. said that it may take longer due to her having a portion of her intestines removed but they came in an hour ago and said things were good

12 p.m. { Jennifer's updates}

still no word that procedure is finished. said that it may take longer due to her having a portion of her intestines removed but they came in an hour ago and said things were good

1 p.m. {Jennifer's updates}

just spoke to nurse. they will let me know when she moves to icu and i will continue to update as soon as i hear anything
3 p.m. {Jennifer's updates}

Surgery is over she was in the recovery room and they have moved her to the ICU cannot see her yet.



4 p.m. {Jennifer's updates}

Just saw Summer and talked to the surgeon.
The surgery took a lot longer than expected because of her intestines. it took about two and a half hours
longer. she was in some pain but they are giving her plenty of meds. she should be able to come back to her room tomorrow but he said it may be the next day. she talked a little but was pretty much out of it. ill check back in with her tonight and post any new info.

 April 9th 10 a.m. {Jennifer's updates}

just saw summer and spoke to the docs this morning. she is in a little pain and they are taking her for another endoscopy in just a little bit. they will be removing her tube today at some point. she walked a little bit last night and they are going to have her walk some today after the test. she said her throat was the most sore thing but that will be better once the tube is removed. more updated to follow

April 10th 9 a.m. {Jennifer's update}
just brought her up. shes sleeping. tube still in and they said may be in til tomorrow for drainage






1 p.m.
they had her walk a little more a few minutes ago but shes still feeling nauseous  didn't have her do too much yet and said they will have her do more later. she is also allowed to drink a little water now but that's it

3 p.m.
she just walked a little again and is doing some circulation exercises. once tube is out tomorrow the nausea should go away. doc just left and said everything looks good. just to walk a little bit more

April 11th 10 a.m. {Jennifer's updates}
the tubes are still in. she walked some more this morning around the room. They had some trouble with the i v but they fixed that. Said the pain in her throat is worse than in her belly but that's still related to the tubes


3 p.m.


shes now allowed to have 30 ml of water an hour but it has to be warm. is also doing steam treatments.


April 12th 6 a.m.


i finally got the tube out of my nose!!! walked a little more today. Thank you all for all the prayers. getting better and better. the surgeon did an amazing job. now just gotta get used to drinking 30mls of water an hour


10 a.m.


had a horrible night. pain meds wore off and it hurt so bad, they fixed me and I'm feeling better now. They took me off the pain pump and took out the cath. Two tudes left and I will be free!!walking more and the upped me to 100 ml of water an hour.


April 13th 6 a.m.


Woke up again this morning in terrible pain. The nurses here are just awesome.


3 p.m.


Watching "Grease"in India. This girl's in heaven, or maybe close.


6 p.m.


So ready to get home and see my family. tired of being sick and ready for some american clear liquids. tomato soup 8 times a day is making me sick. I need some good ol chicken broth.


10 p.m.


28 hours and we will be at the airport and 49 hours and I will have my family in my arms again. So excited!! Hope I can sleep tonight. It's almost 6pm Mumbai time


April 14th 10 a.m.


As part of my discharge today they did an after weight in....already down 15 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! leaving with a smile on my face for sure and a new lease on life. 


3 p.m.

 Before leaving to go home I was interviewed via phone by a reporter for the  Wall Street Journal  Mumbai and then I was interviewed and filmed by the hospital about why I chose to have gastric bypass surgery and about my stay in Mumbai.


















8 p.m.


1 hour and 20 minutes and counting till we leave for the airport. 4 hours till the plane takes of and we will be home TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        TO BE CONTINUED!!

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on the Collective, and can't wait to read the next step of your journey. You look amazing and must feel great! I had bariatric surgery 4 years ago (LapBand) and didn't have much success. I have thought about trying another surgery (RNY or Sleeve) recently and am really interested in your story and progress. My mom had her RNY 5 years ago and looks and feels incredible still. Wishing you all the best!
    Jen from Driftwood Gardens

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, or concerns. All kind responses are greatly appreciated.... Summer :)