Sunday, January 12, 2014

Super Yummy Protein Banana Pineapple Pancakes

Have you ever bought a bunch of bananas on sale and then end up with the going bad faster than you can eat them. Well lat weekend I had that problem, instead of throwing them away I decided to get a little creative and ended up with the yummy little pancakes that are so good syrup isn't even necessary.

Ingredients:  









3 ripe Bananas- mashed
2 level scoops of vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup strained crushed pineapple 
(I used pineapple in 100% pineapple juice)
Just enough pancake mix to thicken the batter
( I used about 3 TBSPs)

Directions:









Mash up bananas in a large mixing bowel. I chose not to leave it to chunky because I was going to add pineapples. Next mix in 2 level scoops of you Whey Protein Isolate powder. Fold in 1/2 cup strained crushed pineapple. My batter was a bit to watery and wanted to burn before the middle was done so I added about 3 Tablespoons of our pancake mix to thicken the batter. 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a pan on medium high burner. Add 1/4 cup batter into pan let cook till edged are bubbly and flip.

These pancakes we naturally sweet and moist so they were edible even without syrup.
All thumbs up and smiles from the kids and I now have another great and yummy source of protein that are not only good for breakfast but a grab and go snack instead of just shakes.

1 comment:

  1. They do sound delicious, and yep we have bananas get overripe all of the time!! This is a great way to use them up. Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, or concerns. All kind responses are greatly appreciated.... Summer :)