Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A MONTH OF MY LIFE LOST

My first day out of ICU 4/21/13

My first procedure in Mumbai was done 
laparoscopically. My second required that I get cut from the top of my stomach to the bottom.










I had 2 drainage bulbs, a G tube and a 

feeding tube

I don't know what all had to be done but I do know that my husband told me that the surgeon told him that it took multiple surgeons to piece me back together and that my intestines were a mess and that the bottom of my stomach had closed up and that is why I couldn't hold anything down. 

APRIL 23rd 2013 {FB}
Yea!,,, got my very first Popsicle today, spoke with the kids for quite awhile, and had visitors... simple pleasures , can be so sweet. Happy girl



APRIL 26TH {FB}

Still on a feeding tube and walking around all hooked up like the bionic woman but still Improving. PAIN, PAIN, PAIN, YEAH I GOT IT!!!!!! Got put on the full clear liquid diet today. Did o.k. just going to take some practice. So happy hubby has started coming over to walk with me to help my healing come along. Earlier today I was told there was no ballpark as to when I may get to go home but later this evening when James and Nick were here the doc said as long as I keep progressing I maybe home by next Friday (no promises) but its at least goal to work toward. I still thank god everyday that I let James talk me into going to the ER. Chances are I wouldn't even be typing this had I not. OH YEAH AND A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO JUST BUSTED OUT OF THE WOODWORK AND TOOK THE TIME TO COME SEE ME. Ok I'ma stop so I don't get mushy but again you know who all you are and you mean a lot to me for just setting aside time for me.



April 27th 2013 {FB}
Another tube removed this morning. Still not the 2 I wish were gone but doc says they will more than likely be staying put till the day I leave. Breakfast of watered down grits wasn't to appealing but the cream of chicken soup this afternoon has so far been the winner of what I have been able to eat...well other than water, water, and more water. I'm getting to point that I think I really hate my veins. Its becoming a daily thing now where they are having to find a new one...curse you thin rolling uncooperative veins of trouble. Walking a bit more each day and getting my strength back.

27TH
Almost off the pain pump. Taking pain meds by mouth but still hooked up to the pump in case a little extra is needed. Feeding tube will be shut OFF tonight and disconnected. I cant believe how excited I am. So close to going home. Being a good girl and doing what I'm told. Thanks for all the prayers He is awesome!!!

27TH
It doesn't matter how I hold my belly or the pillow over it. Every time I sneeze I feel like its gonna blow wide open..lol

APRIL 29th 2013 {FB}
All these steps forward I've been taking and yesterday I have been pushed back the big green tube has been reconnected. Doc says its not a bad thing. Sometimes you gotta take a couple steps back to take more steps forward.


MAY 1st 2013 {FB}
As of last night I'm all most completely disconnected from everything. All that is left are my 2 tiny drainage bulbs.

1ST
Taking me back for another ct scan around noon. Looking for possible blockage, kink, or a part too narrow. Praying I won't have to be reopened. This is my only hurdle to overcome before getting to go home.

1ST
Results are a bit bittersweet. On the pro side everything looks good just swollen. On the con side, since the swelling is still so much they are reconnecting me to the feeding tube and so on and cutting out my oral intake for now.

MAY 7th 2013 {FB}
Even though I'm still going to  have a feeding tube and a g tube doc says I'm finally going to get to go home either tomorrow or Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to get a home health nurse set up to get me prepared to live a home with these tubes till I'm healed enough to have them disconnected. It's been a long painful month but I'm getting better and better as the days go by. Looking forward to the brighter days ahead. And again thanks again for the over flow of prayers for healing and a speedy recovery. Even though we have had to back track a tad I'm still getting better at a pretty speedy rate considering all that has been done.

MAY 9th 2013 {FB}
I broke down and cried for the first time today. Today was supposed to be THE day. I was finally supposed to go home and be with my family. But since I woke up sick and dry heaving the doc had no choice but to refuse my leaving. I cant even find the words to best explain how much I miss my family or just the feeling of home. I'm going to stay strong but it's starting to affect me just a tad more each day.

MAY 10TH 2013 {FB}
Doing a little happy dance. The doctor said I can go home today!!!! They are working on my discharge papers now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, or concerns. All kind responses are greatly appreciated.... Summer :)